Support Forums

Full Version: My USB ports not working properly...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
At summer I have bought a new core i7 PC with Win 7. However, since the last week, 4 of the USB ports of my PC (the front ones) stopped working properly. Actually they are still working, but my Windows recognises them as USB 1.0 ports, and they work much slower. Is there any chance that this is a hardware error, or is it a virus?
virus is not see if it is not disabled in BIOS enter the device and forgotten there luck
I have windows 7, and sometimes i get the same problem with the front ports as well. All i have to do is to plug the usb again many times until it fully recognize it. Weird Thing.
(03-27-2010, 05:47 AM)Max_Mafiotu Wrote: [ -> ]virus is not see if it is not disabled in BIOS enter the device and forgotten there luck
I have already resetted BIOS. Nothing happened.
(03-27-2010, 08:39 AM)4u111 Wrote: [ -> ]I have windows 7, and sometimes i get the same problem with the front ports as well. All i have to do is to plug the usb again many times until it fully recognize it. Weird Thing.
This thing always happens and I have tried restarting the PC several times, too.
Did you try updating the BIOS?
yeah try updating the bios
Does it work on other computers?
Maybe the drivers are incorrectly installed.
Insert USB ..... then go to your device managers.. Locate your front usb hub, right click and uninstall.. Scan for new hardware, and windows will automatically recognize and re-install your drivers.. But this time, your USB should work ...