Support Forums

Full Version: Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's like wtf can you do with Java or what had you done with it. I'm currently learning Java at school and understand a bit of it.

But it's like so useless to me. Html is even more useful lol.
lolwtf, haven't you seen programs in Java?, haven't you seen games in Java?, haven't you seen mobile applications in Java? and I could continue a billion years more... :S
Lol, as stated above, there's hundreds of things that Java is used for.
Did you realise that the Runescape MMOG is entirely based upon Java Coding?
I'm making my own Runescape server using Java Tongue
Java can be used for any kind of programming, that's the beauty of it. Browser applications, games, browsergames, applications, webserver applications, the boundries are only limited by your imagination ;-)
I just started learning Java. And I must admit, I was asking the same question. The reason is me being in the early stages of Java, I suppose.
If your thinking java cant be used with web applications it can also. Research some keywords like applet, JSP, servlets, etc. You will fidn what their purposes are. You can also use database work with Java, HTTP cookies, URLs and many more.
so what the point of the
System.out.println("Hello world");

How would I put that into a web for other to see?

or the calculator of adding, subtracing, multiplication, division, etc.
Look at my posts. I've made a few useful programs. Million dollar games and programs have been coded in java. Other than that yeah its useless.
(10-10-2009, 05:43 PM)JoshuaXiong Wrote: [ -> ]so what the point of the
System.out.println("Hello world");

How would I put that into a web for other to see?

or the calculator of adding, subtracing, multiplication, division, etc.

Depend on how you want to do it. Want to print it on the client side, use an applet or use jsp. Want to do it on the server side, use a servlet.