Support Forums

Full Version: Ebay Halts India
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:As you may know, the India program on eBay Partner Network has been a private program for almost a year now. After careful consideration, we have decided to go a step further and close down the India affiliate program as of April 1st, 2010.

From that date forward, publishers that are accepted into other eBay Partner Network programs besides India will no longer be able to see India in the user interface and will not receive any commissions for traffic driven to the eBay India site. For publishers that are only members of the India program exclusively, and don't drive traffic to any other country,, your eBay Partner Network account will be closed on April 1st, 2010. All impacted publishers will receive their final payment on April 25th, for traffic driven to eBay India up through the end of March.

Beginning April 1st, we will also begin redirecting traffic from geo-targeted affiliate links destined for eBay India back to eBay.com. For publishers currently geo-targeting traffic to the India site, no action is required from your part since we will be re-directing this traffic automatically. However, you will not be credited for traffic from India-based users with deactivated Javascript on their machines (roughly 5% of users). If India is not your default program for the geo-targeting tools, you will not be impacted.

Please take care to remove all non-geotargeted text links, API links, RSS links, Editor Kit links, and Custom Banner links as well as all non-geotargeted creatives that redirect to India after March 31st, as you will no longer be paid for that traffic. Please also note that creatives for India will no longer be available in the eBay Partner Network interface.

Given the small size of the India affiliate program, we do not expect this to cause a significant impact to many publishers or the network overall. Please feel free to contact customer service with any questions related to this closure. We appreciate all your hard work promoting eBay India in the past and thank you for your continued support.

I wonder how the recent problems with Paypal and India have effected this decision. The traffic from India is just so worthless. This is a real blow to the income of that nation imho. Indian webmasters must be furious.
Damm that sucks for India is places like Pakistan affected by this or just India
WTF! now we are blown off everywhere!
wow, but im not surprised. Im thinking ebay is starting to target countries that are against anti piracy to be honest, or thats highly restrictive on what they can say (communistic style countries)
omini are u from which country
Ebay Halts IndiaRoflmao
before that paypal stopped personal payments to india as gift
The whole online money holding/Trading has been getting corrupt over the past year or two. Such as paypal/ebay ect.ect.
(04-09-2010, 11:27 AM)Mr Shock Coderz Wrote: [ -> ]omini are u from which country
Ebay Halts IndiaRoflmao

He is from America.
(04-09-2010, 11:27 AM)Mr Shock Coderz Wrote: [ -> ]omini are u from which country
Ebay Halts IndiaRoflmao
You still don't know it OMG!
WTF...why has indian be in this trouble.I am also an indian....now what will I do...will I not be able to have my paypal account or I will not be able to buy anything from ebay site.
I think its because of some changes in the policies of indian government as terrorists were sending huge funds in india via paypal.
Pages: 1 2 3