Support Forums

Full Version: My New Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, well I've started work on my forum. Basically it's a place for school kids (and later older students) to hang out, post stuff on subjects such as problems and tutorials (i.e algebra TuT). It's my first forum but be honest, tell me if there is anything I should take out or add. Also the theme I've used is from the myBB site, it is simlilar to SF's but I'm not pinching Omni's style, there was a nice one but it was in black and I want my forum to be vibrant.

P.S I've seen the Life Skill's forum grammar error and am correcting it as we speak.

Question: My forum is new, how should I introduce members to it? I mean how do you guys get your first members and your forum off the ground?
introduce it like telling good advantages on it especially on good facts on your forum also make sure it's convincing Smile
First off, I'd get a new theme. As Omni told me, Afresh is way to overused, and people are starting to get sick of it.
(03-15-2010, 08:01 PM)Lukas Wrote: [ -> ]First off, I'd get a new theme. As Omni told me, Afresh is way to overused, and people are starting to get sick of it.

I so agree with that.
Well if not a new theme atleast make it your own. Change it enough to make it individual. Currently it does not even have a banner.
IMHO if a forum is that new it does not have a banner then it pretty much tells me the site is only days old if that.
I think people should spend more time on there sites/forums to make it how they think it should look. Then dump some content into it and then start asking for advice on how it looks etc.
As for getting members. Get the site ready first.
It's not ready yet. And I'll try to get a new theme. I just posted it for feedback on the sections and if it needs any new ones.
Ya the new theme is a good idea, also if ur looking for affilates holla
If you need help making/editing a theme, look me up.
Thank's for the advice guys, rigt now my forum is down. Does anybody know of any good free hosts? With the exeption of x10 and ZemHost.
(03-25-2010, 02:50 PM)Maestro Wrote: [ -> ]Thank's for the advice guys, rigt now my forum is down. Does anybody know of any good free hosts? With the exeption of x10 and ZemHost.

I've been using The Forum Forge, which is what Zomaian and vividWire over here own or work there or something. It's really great, you can have a free trial for a month too, and they're packages start from something ridiculous like $2.50. It's awesome.

Btw please put all extremely large pictures in a spoiler. Smile
(03-25-2010, 03:22 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using The Forum Forge, which is what Zomaian and vividWire over here own or work there or something. It's really great, you can have a free trial for a month too, and they're packages start from something ridiculous like $2.50. It's awesome.

Btw please put all extremely large pictures in a spoiler. Smile
Very true I been with them for about 5 months now.
Pages: 1 2