Support Forums

Full Version: Sound disappeared..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my sound vanished. It says in the corner: "No audio output device is installed."

I have even factory restored my computer using the restore disk, which erases everything and makes it go back to the out-of-the-box state. Still didn't work. I have a toshiba satellite a205-s5819.

Another question: If my sound card is somehow broken, if i buy one of those small usb sound cards, that turns usb into an input and output, will my sound work for that? Or if i buy USB speakers, will my sound work for that?

I'm in desperate need for help. please reply.
USB Speakers should work, I know that much. I may be using a mac laptop, which also had it's internal speakers blown out (or something of the sort), but I am having pretty much the same problem as you. But since I'm so lazy, I haven't gotten it fixed, rather just delt with the fact they don't work, you might not be the same way. I reccomend you take your computer to be looked at by either the retailer or someone else reliable, because it may be a problem beyond your control.
Tried the latest drivers?
Update your audio drivers.
You might need new drivers, go to your laptop brand website and download them from there.
Go to your manufactures site and update the audio drivers. That may be the problem since they may not be up to date. Or go on Device Manager on Control Panel, find the driver, double click it, click the driver tab, and update it.
As Air said , try updating your drivers , TBH my wireless was not working , i updated the driver and it started working again.. =P
Yes, updating your drivers may correct the problem, but it's best if you delete any drivers that are in there first (through the control panel) and then reinstall from your laptop's manufacturer's site.
Thats crazy. Try re-installing it.
Id suggest you update your drivers, theres a software called driver genious taht will fix this issue for you.