Support Forums

Full Version: Sometimes you just have to log off.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure about your browsing habits but I am on the internet a lot. Sometimes though I get exhausted and for a couple days I just have to log off and stay off. I just had a couple days and it felt good.

Sometimes I think of how much simpler life was before the world wide web. Many of you aren't even old enough to know about that.
Yeah I hear ya. I remember a while back I stopped getting online, or even using a computer for like four days. I considered it to be a temporary hiatus, and it felt good. Also, I can't even remember what the world was like before the internet, I was so young.
I'm 17. And i find that i need the internet, not for forums but for help on a car, or buying parts or clothes or something like that. Even with the internet, my life is very simple and relaxing.
Sometimes I just "get over" the internet. I just cbf to log on for 3-4 days straight. Doesn't really feel good or anything.
I went about 2 weeks without logging on once, but that was because I was on holidays.
I don't go out of my way to log on at all, while sometimes I just get obsessed. I seem to go through stages...
I'm only 20 but I remember being alot younger and not worrying about my E-mails received or what forums I'm posting on, Or any of my online activities for that matter, It was way simpler. Not that I don't love being online and participating in these types of environments with people all over the world, It's great I mean I'm online 24/7, I goto school online, I watch TV and movies online, I communicate online, lol I feel like my life would be like that south park where the internet was blacked out if my internet was gone. Totally lost, God forbid I pick up a book right? Great post Omni, I think rest is needed, Too bad I'm so damn addicted to the web.
I can go off the Internet sometimes too, but only for a couple of days. Browsing as most of us do is a hobby now, and can become exhausting even though it lacks physical activety. For me, broswsing is for passing the time and a hobby. I don't use Instant Messengers, I just surf.

I can go out with Internet, if my lifestyle was different, however in the UK you need the Internet. When I go abroad I can go without the Internet for 99% of the time I stay there if not 100%. The lifestyle is so relaxing, and even if there is nothing to do you can just zone out.