Support Forums

Full Version: Installing ArchLinux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well here soon i am going to install ArchLinux on my machine at school, i have gotten a lot of different replys from different forums. On what i should put on there to begin with, well i have found out that i need a GUI desktop called xorg for a desktop GUI and Alas for Sound, that is all that i have heard, so far that i needed to install of the get go. More than likely i will install the base system one day then take about 2 days off trying to figure out what i will do next.

This about how long i have figured up it will take:

1. Install base system - 20 mins
2. install alsa - 2 mins
3 install xorg - may take some time depending on drivers required.
4. create a user & give sudo rights
- 15 mins
5. install window manager / desktop environment
- takes some time.

So im looking at a quite of bit of time.

Input, anyone?
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Arch Linux is very nice, it's small, clean, and stable.
Quote:1. Install base system - 20 mins
2. install alsa - 2 mins
3 install xorg - may take some time depending on drivers required.
4. create a user & give sudo rights
- 15 mins
5. install window manager / desktop environment
- takes some time.

are you in hackforums.net ?
There s an exact post like this in hackforums !

also , its not alas , its alsa
Yes, im Sniperriflezzzz.
ok ok , that explains it Thumbsup
(03-04-2010, 04:18 PM)Plastic Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, im Sniperriflezzzz.

Seriously? Lmao, I actually know you on HF, I've been seeing you around more lately. Btw, out of random, how come you didn't use the name Sniperriflezzzz on SF as well?
Because to be honest i like the name Plastic, just because of the way it looks lol. and yes im trying to stay active on a lot of sites, im usually in the Linux section on hackforums.
Arch is definetly worth it though, I use it on all my servers and my non-gaming computers. I love it <3
It takes some time your first time through. Just follow ArchWiki's Beginner Guide and pay attention. You won't regret it.