Support Forums

Full Version: WoW in WINE - does it worth the hassle ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So Im planning to get into WoW .. again. But Im on Ubuntu. I will try to run it in WINE but I see in the ubuntuforums that many ppl have problems with it and some even say the frame rate isnt as good as in Windows. So lets say I manage to fix everything and make WOW run smooth in WINE. Does it worth it? Because I really like my ubuntu and the only reason to switch back to Windows will be wow. I don't like the option with dual boot linux and windows. What do you think ?
well if you have a good enough comp you could run it on a VM? If not, it depends on how much you actually like the game.
Well it will be like 15 fps in wine coz it sucks the main GPU from ur Machine!
Yeah, it's not worth it at all. I recently had to stop using Linux because of one specific thing as well. I had to reinstall windows so I could use UseNext. But, I don't think I'd switch back for a game.
Hi, Running world of warcraft in WINE is very bad. the quality is terrible and you'll notice that hardly any (if any) graphics or map objects will load.
There are other programs out that do the same as WINE for a small free, VMware is your best bet for a linux machine.