Support Forums

Full Version: Playstation 3 struck by bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yahoo Wrote:PlayStation 3 struck by bug [PS3]
Monday March 1, 2:53 PM

A problem with the PS3 has left many owners unable to access the PlayStation Network or, worse, play many games – including this week’s number one title, Heavy Rain.

PlayStation 3 owners worldwide are reporting that they’re effectively locked out of their online accounts and are unable to use any of the PlayStation 3’s online features. An undisclosed number of games have fallen prey to the problem too, presenting perplexed PlayStation punters with a mystifying error code whenever they try to log on.

It’s all because of some kind of 'calendar bug', which was triggered as March 1st came around. If that wasn’t already puzzling enough, it seems that this issue only applies to older PS3 models – owners of the sleek new PS3 Slim should be unaffected. Whatever the case, we’re assured that Sony boffins are working hard to ensure that normal service is resumed as soon as possible:

"Know that we have narrowed down the issue and have engineers working to restore service even as you read this. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you, and genuinely appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this," said a Sony representative earlier.

Alas, there’s no sign of any progress at present and we imagine that patience may become increasingly scarce before too long. Sony is reporting all developments via its Twitter feed, though – see http://twitter.com/SonyPlayStation for more info.

Have you been affected by the bug? I have. It's not a big problem for me as I don't play online very often, but my younger brother is rather annoyed.

Source: http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/fe/...899fe.html
Lol sucked in. What a strange bug :S
Is this the one that stops you playing online? If so, yes. I have it. I discovered it yesterday. Apparently you can fix it by turning off the Playstation / Wifi / Ethernet then resetting. I haven't tried though.
My PS3 fat wasn't affected. Someone told me this bug has happened to like 90% of fat owners. Woohoo?
Well what a weird bug lol
(03-01-2010, 04:09 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the one that stops you playing online? If so, yes. I have it. I discovered it yesterday. Apparently you can fix it by turning off the Playstation / Wifi / Ethernet then resetting. I haven't tried though.

Yes, this is the one that stops you playing online. I may have to give that a try, but I have already tried numerous solutions, none worked.
(03-01-2010, 04:19 PM)JDBar Wrote: [ -> ]My PS3 fat wasn't affected. Someone told me this bug has happened to like 90% of fat owners. Woohoo?

Apparently all the older, fat models were affected. I guess the newer fat ones and the slim line ones are safe. Stupid manufacturers. Sad
The Playstation Network Service has been restored. Read here for more details.