Support Forums

Full Version: The Bulletin Board - your thoughts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, I run and help author a website called The Bulletin Board, where almost every post is a funny (you could even say 'parody') article. It started around Christmastime 09' as a 'show' between my friend and I (articles along with videos) but I thought that limiting it to posts would be better. After I shrunk it down, there was no need for the show aspect, so I decided to drop the whole name all together. I came about the Bulletin Board when thinking that it's a place where me and a few other people will be posting things for others to see - logical name, right? So to get to the point, I really love doing stories there, and there are already a lot of them, but I am getting little to no readers. So maybe if you guys give me a few pointers or tell me what you think I'll be able to get the word out. Now I'm not looking for critique on the design, per se, but more the posts and humor. Obviously it's not well developed and most probably won't find it hilarious, but tell me whatcha think.
1. The snapshots popup is annoying.
2. Home layout is nice.
3. Change "Public Board" to "Chat" since that's what it is.
(03-01-2010, 05:43 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]1. The snapshots popup is annoying.
2. Home layout is nice.
3. Change "Public Board" to "Chat" since that's what it is.

I can't do much about the snapshot popups, it's something Wordpress automatically does.
Thanks for takin' a look.
As far as I know that's not built into wordpress as default on. You should be able to turn that off even if it's a feature though.
(03-01-2010, 06:17 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know that's not built into wordpress as default on. You should be able to turn that off even if it's a feature though.

Aha! Got them off.
Where would we be without google? Hehe
(03-01-2010, 06:49 PM)Pins222 Wrote: [ -> ]Aha! Got them off.
Where would we be without google? Hehe
The real question is, where would we be without Omni?Roflmao
Pretty decent site btw, I like it.
(03-06-2010, 02:14 AM)Snave Wrote: [ -> ]The real question is, where would we be without Omni?Roflmao
Pretty decent site btw, I like it.

Thanks Smile
Okay, so now I'm getting about 3 people per day. A little better, lol.
Anyone else want to share their opinion?