Support Forums

Full Version: Does anyone know a free way to advertise my blog-type website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is obviously a very common question, but I run a blog-like website that focuses on funny articles and such (It's a Wordpress.com blog, but can't really be considered a true blog). I am averaging about 2 people a day, which is terrible. I am almost sure it has potential, but I need a way to get the word out without having to pay (I'd like to see it take off before I invest money into it) and was hoping maybe someone had some ideas. I have tried to get it on google, but had no success.
Now, I would go ahead and promote it on this forum, but I'm skeptical on the reactions I would get. Come to think of it, is advertising allowed in any section here?
You can post a thread in the Website Reviews and Showcase forum and receive feedback from other members.

Good luck. Smile
(03-01-2010, 04:33 AM)Skill Wrote: [ -> ]You can post a thread in the Website Reviews and Showcase forum and receive feedback from other members.

Good luck. Smile

Oh, I've never seen that section. Thanks Smile
Could try social media sites, such as Twitter and Facebook.
Become affiliates with someone.
I too am having the same issue. I will let you know if I find a good way to do this.
Submit your site to search engines and SEO it so people searching for whatever your blog is about will be directed to you.
Exchange links with other bigger websites and then you will get free traffic! Smile
Submit it http://blogsearch.google.com/ping, Facebook,Twitter etc.