Support Forums

Full Version: WinPulse 0.5 Released - Online File Scanner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright WinPulse 0.5 has been released and I just wanted to get some feedback on the design, service, and everything else. Before you go to http://winpulse.net let me explain what it is.

Quote:WinPulse is a free service that scans suspicious files and is able to swiftly discover infected files that may contain viruses, trojans, worms, malware, and all kinds of other harmful nasty scripts.

As the above quote says WinPulse is an online file scanner that scans for viruses. You can upload any file via your computer or URL and get your results in. WinPulse uses a virus scanner called ClamAV which updates daily. During the development of WinPulse 0.1 to 0.4 the virus database grew from 625,000 to 720,000.

We are currently also on an API that will allow developers to build scripts and applications on WinPulse and I can reveal that we are working on a Virus Scanner MyBB plugin that scans all the attachments.

Anyways please give WinPulse some feedback!
"Virus Scanner MyBB plugin that scans all the attachments." great !
(03-04-2010, 04:25 PM)jumik Wrote: [ -> ]"Virus Scanner MyBB plugin that scans all the attachments." great !

Yeah, that sounds awesome, and good website, I like the layout.
You can't do this as a plugin. Well...not without making sure that people either use or service or have clamav installed server side. Then you're still going to need to do this with curl if socks are closed which is often the case.

I looked into this. It's a complete pain in the ass. The best I did was create a virus scanner cron job to view attachments but guess what. Clamav won't scan archive files so you must first uncompress the archives and then scam them.

I wish you luck though. If you really want to do this you can but ultimately I found it wasn't worth all the hassle.

Places like VirusTotal I am almost positive are using Windows Servers.

btw..in Opera I can't seemingly upload any files on WinPulse.
Wow, that Winpulse is very nice, and it has a great layout.
Nice site. It looks nice and i will probably use it next time for a file i scan.
(03-04-2010, 07:41 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]You can't do this as a plugin. Well...not without making sure that people either use or service or have clamav installed server side. Then you're still going to need to do this with curl if socks are closed which is often the case.

I looked into this. It's a complete pain in the ass. The best I did was create a virus scanner cron job to view attachments but guess what. Clamav won't scan archive files so you must first uncompress the archives and then scam them.

I wish you luck though. If you really want to do this you can but ultimately I found it wasn't worth all the hassle.

Places like VirusTotal I am almost positive are using Windows Servers.

btw..in Opera I can't seemingly upload any files on WinPulse.
Well here you go: http://shopmybb.com/item/winpulse-scanner/4

Yes there is a problem with Opera, the upload button is somewhere in the middle of the bar instead of under the text. I will fix it soon!

(03-06-2010, 02:18 AM)Snave Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that Winpulse is very nice, and it has a great layout.
Thanks mate.

(03-13-2010, 12:11 PM)MusicStory Wrote: [ -> ]Nice site. It looks nice and i will probably use it next time for a file i scan.
Yah, thanks!