Support Forums

Full Version: What language is this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What language is Ruby? What i can make in Ruby?
Please be more clear on just saying what language is Ruby?.. It's Ruby. You can make anything in it.
Ruby is a fairly new language.

Official ruby site: http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/
I haven't used Ruby at all, and to be honest, from the looks of it, it's not a bad language. I think Python might be a little more advanced, however.
I'd rather learn Ruby than Python at this point.
Ruby > Python. I've never really gotten into programming, but I found Ruby so easy that I ended up starting to learn it. Smile And @ Anon, it's not like it's not advanced or anything. You can do some pretty amazing stuff with it, especially learnings rails too. Ruby + Rails = Easiest Blog Software ever.
Twitter was build on Ruby, not sure if they are still with it since it crashed several times on it. But Ruby is very powerful and very easy to code/remember!
I believe twitters issues are from hosting itself not their chosen language. Twitter grew very quickly and people were DDOS attacking them regularly. I don't think they were prepared for the growth they experienced.
I think I'll start to learn Ruby seems to me to be a good language.
(02-20-2010, 07:11 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]I believe twitters issues are from hosting itself not their chosen language. Twitter grew very quickly and people were DDOS attacking them regularly. I don't think they were prepared for the growth they experienced.

Probably it was originally build for a couple of friends to let them know where they were and what they were doing but than people started using it which wasn't that bad. It became bad when businesses and websites figured out its the ultimate tool to advertise your website/company. But I did read on Wikipedia a while ago Twitter switched from Ruby due to some problems but I am not sure if that's true due to the fact that its Wikipedia Tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3