Support Forums

Full Version: low memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since that I've mentioned some days ago that I only have a pentium 2 computer windows xp. Can anybody tell me any anti virus that has only a low kb?
I would recommend running something like AVG free but taking away the active component there by freeing up your system.
There are some lighter ones but im not sure on there quality. And if your not running active protection you do increase the risk all be it slightly.

*side note. Run everything you are concerned about in a sandbox.
I've tried AVG but it slows down my computer :/
Avast, (except for the occasional loud "Virus Database has been updated", it's way worth it).

DO NOT BUY NORTON PLEASE
Alright I'll try Avast thanks Smile I don't like Norton haha
(02-17-2010, 04:04 AM)saint.slacker Wrote: [ -> ]Since that I've mentioned some days ago that I only have a pentium 2 computer windows xp. Can anybody tell me any anti virus that has only a low kb?

ESET smart security, Go to nod327.net They support the download and keys.

for me it runs 55mb max, And works great.

Quiet updates, Fast updates, Trapsparent messages, Good detection status, Blocks infectious links, And has a realtime scanner while only using 55mb of ram.
Avast isn't working properly in my computer Sad amp! I'll try this one
(02-17-2010, 06:05 AM)I Am Divine Wrote: [ -> ]ESET smart security, Go to nod327.net They support the download and keys.

for me it runs 55mb max, And works great.

Quiet updates, Fast updates, Trapsparent messages, Good detection status, Blocks infectious links, And has a realtime scanner while only using 55mb of ram.
IMHO Avast will serve you better than AVG. It's fairly straightforward and offers features other AV's don't have like scan on boot. Plus it's recently been updated.
thank you Omni Smile
(02-17-2010, 05:24 AM)F3nix Wrote: [ -> ]Avast, (except for the occasional loud "Virus Database has been updated", it's way worth it).

DO NOT BUY NORTON PLEASE

AVG, Avast are very good antivirus, having avast better results than AVG( personally I love Avast Big Grin). Norton isn't a good antivirus (all we know it ;) ).
The problem is that Avast works on a database who are all time running and your PC will be slow down always because you haven't enough power.
I'm with OMNI Avast is better (I never been infected with it).
If you need an antivirus you should look for an antivirus online. You won't have any problem probably Big Grin

Kaigen