Support Forums

Full Version: any ideas for members to become active?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK I am admin in the web site AlbaVid.com the work with the traffic is good, we have more then 1000+ unique visitors per day, but the problem is that we recently have added a forum the the web site so the people could share their ideas and request movies or report not working movies etc. and then I added an announcement in the web site homepage telling to visitors and members that if they register they can post in the forum. but yet nothing there was only 1 member requesting for a movie and nothing more... I dont have another idea how to make members post and be active! if that announcement didnt get their attention what else will?
Your forum isn't going to be active at all unless you have something to offer to the members.
I am thinking about that!
I like your forums overall but a few notes.

1. Highlight your forums better on the front page.
2. Your forums appears to be more about support than discussion.
3. Create stickies and topics in each section so they aren't empty.
Yes Omni they are more about support because I would like to make members report the movies that have been deleted and request new movies, about the disccusion it will come later... thanks for the advice