Support Forums

Full Version: What kind of forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm thinking of starting up a forum, I've got a couple of ideas but I am still looking for suggestions:
- Coding Forum
Members will post their code and other members will help improve it, point out flaws. Code Packages (Like McCodes) will be edited and available to other members (sold by other members ofcourse!) either for free or money. And you can team up with the community to improve your software of existing ones.

- Computer Security Forum
Kind of like HF, but more concentrated on security. I am less likely to make this one because of my lack of skills in computer security.

- 2pac Forum
Up to date 2pac forum and site. Most of the one's I come across now are outdated and have no fresh news.

Forums will be laid out using tabs, and some more of Omni's great plugins. Credit will be given to him on the site for coding them.

Tell me what you think of the ideas and if you have any suggestions.
When deciding what kind of forum/site to build consider a few things.

1. Are you able to get a good domain to use?
2. Are you knowledgable enough to post in the forum regularly?
3. How tough is the competition for the topic?
4. Where will you get members/visitors?

Quote:Up to date 2pac forum and site. Most of the one's I come across now are outdated and have no fresh news.

lol..he is dead...what fresh news is possible?

From reading your post I think both ideas are bad.
Like Omniscient said above, it really depends on what you know alot about and what you are good at. Reading your post, you just gave me an idea for my next forum. Big Grin But something like HF wouldn't work out, there's too many HF Die Hard's around the internet, you'd get flamed / DOS's / hacked down to the ground.
trilobyte- that was my worry, knowing me I'd get hacked within minutes by a script kiddie.

Thanks Omni for the tips, actually there is new news every week or so but the admins can't be bothered to look for it and update their site with it. But there is a lot of competition there, so I'd best not.

Well, maybe I should focus my efforts on my Record "Label" and get a site done for it, and look around for atists or pruducers.
I would suggest creating a coding forum. One, 2pac is dead. Two, there's a lot of computer forums in the internet.
(02-15-2010, 02:18 PM)Dillon Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest creating a coding forum. One, 2pac is dead. Two, there's a lot of computer forums in the internet.

A coding forum would propably be the easiest one to get members to and update with content more often. But I'd need some help from some coders on what content I should have, tabs, sections (Other than main language one's, like a sub section for Ruby)...
Hosting shouldn't be too much of a problem, I can get what I need for $2.50 a month.
(02-16-2010, 05:06 AM)Maestro Wrote: [ -> ]A coding forum would propably be the easiest one to get members to and update with content more often. But I'd need some help from some coders on what content I should have, tabs, sections (Other than main language one's, like a sub section for Ruby)...
Hosting shouldn't be too much of a problem, I can get what I need for $2.50 a month.

I'm assuming you mean from the forum forge? My coding / programming website, http://dotrb.net is also using the Forum Forge. It's fairly difficult running a coding website, especially after a few weeks. Everyone posts at the start, but then it gets harder and harder to keep the activity coming. Once you've posted all you know about coding, there isn't much else to do. So you lose activity fairly fast. That's just in my opinion, being a fellow coding website master. Smile
(02-16-2010, 05:16 AM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]I'm assuming you mean from the forum forge? My coding / programming website, http://dotrb.net is also using the Forum Forge. It's fairly difficult running a coding website, especially after a few weeks. Everyone posts at the start, but then it gets harder and harder to keep the activity coming. Once you've posted all you know about coding, there isn't much else to do. So you lose activity fairly fast. That's just in my opinion, being a fellow coding website master. Smile
That is the possible downside, plus I have hardly any coding knowledge.

Any suggestions of a type of forum?
(02-14-2010, 03:15 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]When deciding what kind of forum/site to build consider a few things.

1. Are you able to get a good domain to use?
2. Are you knowledgable enough to post in the forum regularly?
3. How tough is the competition for the topic?
4. Where will you get members/visitors?

lol..he is dead...what fresh news is possible?

From reading your post I think both ideas are bad.

lol we dont know omni

http://www.tmz.com/2009/04/29/tupac-is-alive/

convincing

also im making forum to
(02-18-2010, 08:29 AM)Lil W33ZY Wrote: [ -> ]lol we dont know omni

http://www.tmz.com/2009/04/29/tupac-is-alive/

convincing

also im making forum to

I seriosly doubt he's alive, there was the 2003 theory then the 2007 theory now the 2014 one. People have been waiting for him to comeback since 2003, get it straigh folks. He's dead.
Pages: 1 2