Support Forums

Full Version: God I'm Screwed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, tonight I was installing a theme which required me to backup my explorer.exe file so I could use the new one and still have the old one. In a haste, I accidentally named it explorerbackup.exe.exe. Now all I can do is boot stuff from Task Manager, and I have been scouring the net for an hour or two trying to find a clean explorer.exe file. Any suggestions?

Edit: Would a repair from my Windows 7 64 bit disk work?
Okay, I repaired my system from the Windows 7 disk using a system restore. I was seriously freaking out for a while there, haha.
So it worked?
I'm glad you took some initiative and tried to fix it yourself!
(02-13-2010, 09:09 PM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]So it worked?
I'm glad you took some initiative and tried to fix it yourself!

Yeah, I was searching for a clean download of the Windows 7 explorer.exe, but then a few minutes after I posted this thread I tried the backup disk and it worked. It was kinda late and I was being too careless to be messing around with important system files... Tongue
You shouldn't really mess with system files, unless you know exactly what your doing. Maybe next time you'll find a in depth tutorial. And follow it step by step.
I have edited windows 2003's important files.
I changed all of the icons to the ones I like.
I opened explorer.exe and many dlls with resource editor.
(02-17-2010, 01:29 PM)ELY_M Wrote: [ -> ]I have edited windows 2003's important files.
I changed all of the icons to the ones I like.
I opened explorer.exe and many dlls with resource editor.

No need to brag, now Tongue
You use Internet Explorer? O.O
Get Firefox?!
Usually when explorer.exe has issues, it isn't the EXE itself. It's often a sign of spyware, or some sort of trojan keeping itself going. I use moments like this as an opportunity to format and reinstall my OS. It's becoming harder and harder to completely get rid of spyware once infected, and your computers hard drive clutters over time. If it were me, I would just format. To some this may seem extreme, but it only takes a few hours, and afterwards you have a clean hard drive Big Grin
just rename it
Yes a re-format from your original operating system disk will work. I highly reccomend it, as it has corrupted a vital file to allow your machine to function properly.
Pages: 1 2