Support Forums

Full Version: Search "Delay" Quick Fix?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everytime, on my forum, when you press "View Today's Posts", Search or whatever it says something along these lines "Thanks for your search, you will now be submitted to the result" for 2-3 secs. Is it possible to remove this?

MyBB Version: 1.4.11
PHP Version: 5.2.12
SQL Engine: MySQLi 5.0.88

Using a theme called "Dark Metal"

Sincerely, iGirls.
In the Server and Optimization settings there's an option to disable the Friendly Redirect messages. This setting would affect guests and new users only, for you you'd need to edit the same option in the User CP Options. Note this would disable this type of redirect message globally, not just for search results, you'd need a core file edit to only stop them here.
(02-13-2010, 05:39 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]In the Server and Optimization settings there's an option to disable the Friendly Redirect messages. This setting would affect guests and new users only, for you you'd need to edit the same option in the User CP Options. Note this would disable this type of redirect message globally, not just for search results, you'd need a core file edit to only stop them here.

Why does MyBB have those, I find them pretty annoying.
Just so you know what you've tried to do has actually been done. I turn them off too though.
Thanks, turned it off, all is good now!