Support Forums

Full Version: The Matrix discussion anyone ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes I had to start such a thread. Ahh brings back memories doesn't it ? I remember watching the trilogy like 3 years after it became popular and how much time I spend on some matrix forums full of weird dudes who suggested their crazy theories about the movie and its metaphors and those discussions continuing years after the movie was released. The whole thing could be viewed as an experiment because there were theories that were revolving that is to say - people would go from one point and after some time the same theory would spawn from someone completely different from the person who stated the first one (hope its clear) So lets start shall we ? What do you think about the movie ? Is it just a movie with awesome fighting scenes? Is it something more ? Did it change the way you think ? What did you find in The Matrix ?
The Matrix was a movie. Nothing more.

The concepts behind the story line are common throughout science fiction for decades now. Anyone that actually reads can tell you this.

If you were a teen when this came out you were probably more impressed by it than adults that just thought it was a good action movie.
Although i do agree with omni, it is just a movie, i do have to say it is something that could happen to us, as humans. Eventually we are going to make something smarter then us. What happens then is it think, why do i listen to them. Unless they have emotions, which means some human robot fetish may arise...
Quote: Eventually we are going to make something smarter then us.

That's an assumption founded in fiction.
(02-13-2010, 05:40 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]That's an assumption founded in fiction.

I cannot support what i am about to say, but i have read that in the next i believe 14 years we will be able to make a robotic human brain. Code doesn't lie. The maker makes a mistake.
(02-13-2010, 05:49 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot support what i am about to say, but i have read that in the next i believe 14 years we will be able to make a robotic human brain. Code doesn't lie. The maker makes a mistake.

Some of the AI we have at the moment is truly remarkable. I don't think it be too long before we do have AI smarter than most human brains.