Support Forums

Full Version: Site Moving Soon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We continually are reaching max connections and server processes for my hosting account. I'll be moving this site soon in order to avoid downtime. It's always a good thing when a site needs upgraded hosting.

One issue is that I have a couple dozen sites on one shared host with Dreamhost. Some of my sites are rather busy and as each grows my CPU usage is tapped out and the host kills any new processes. This is why the errors occur.

Sorry for this and it might be a few days or even a week before we are moved but we will be moved.
That's good to hear Omniscient. Are you planning to upgrade to MyBB 1.6 when it comes out while moving, or are you going to do each thing seperately?
The downtime is awfully annoying and it's good to hear that you are working on it. Sometimes I just get an internal server error and recently a mybb error for max connections.
Thanks for the update, will MyBBCentral be moving too?
Cool, new server. Big Grin
MyBBCentral.com hasn't had any growth and I feel just moving this site will be enough. I might even just get another shared hosting account for it.
Very good, Omni. This is great news that shows the site is growing at a steady pace.
(02-11-2010, 03:23 PM)uber1337 Wrote: [ -> ]The downtime is awfully annoying and it's good to hear that you are working on it. Sometimes I just get an internal server error and recently a mybb error for max connections.
Yea, heres the error I got....
Quote:Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mybbcentral.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

(02-11-2010, 07:24 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]MyBBCentral.com hasn't had any growth and I feel just moving this site will be enough. I might even just get another shared hosting account for it.
Oh, I seem however it is still a very successful site. You have done an amazing jobs with your computer skills Smile
Sweet, I was getting the 500 yesterday. Kept getting more and more constant until finally it would not go away!
Does the site monetenize enough for hosting to be upgraded? (do we need to start donating?)
Thank you for the update. The downtime was coming quite frequent, at least now it'll be resolved within a matter of a week or so. Smile
Pages: 1 2