Support Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.6 Questions and Comments Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mybb Wrote:Do you smell what we smell? The crisp, fresh air of a new is arriving, and so is a new version of MyBB!

We’re excited to announce that MyBB 1.6 is coming early 2010! There are 49 brand new features included. We’ve been working on MyBB 1.6 since the release of 1.4 in August of 2008, and the long work has paid off! Below are just a few of the new, exciting features MyBB 1.6 offers.
FAQ

When will it be released?

The MyBB Developers have told many people this, it will be released when they believe its ready. If you look at the SVN access, you will see that the MyBB team gets at least 10-20 bug reports a day on MyBB 1.6. Just be patient.

Will themes and plugins need to be re-writed?

No,plugins will work fine, however you may need to do some minor tweaking. However in MyBB 2.0 (currently in planning) there will be major core changes. Themes will not work, however all you should need to do is some minor tweaking.

Once MyBB 1.6 is released, should I upgrade immediately?

Like all MyBB upgrades, it is recommended however when it is first released, it may be "beta". Most people though will not be upgrading immediately.

Have a question but its not listed here? Post below with your question Big Grin

Here is the complete features list
Yea not released yet obviously.
However i was expecting the last release to fix one problem i have got.
When you edit you get a weird number appear. Only after the edit and its not actually there when you refresh the page.
Still it pisses me off.
I really hope they can fix that.
Have you reported it...?? First time I've heard of that, nobody else seems to have reported it...
No i have not. I did post it on central however. Cant remember the reply i got.
Glad to see ya pop ya head in over here MattR. <- One i trust when it comes to MyBB.
I normally would not upgrade to beta till it is released as stable release.