Support Forums

Full Version: Problems Concerning Mint linux ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't have any experience in linux to be frank so i began with mint linux because i heard it's the easiest linux it's based on ubuntu after i installed it i found some problems the screen looks to be extended beyond my monitor so i cant see the menu of applications and stuff i thought when i install the graphics driver it gonna work but i cant install the driver although i downloaded it because some encoding packages are missing i dont know how to install the driver neither i can work with my screen and i dont know how to install the packages i'm sorry cause i talked too much but i'm trying to descripe my problem as much as i can
(02-06-2010, 12:29 AM)mikesleeve Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have any experience in linux to be frank so i began with mint linux because i heard it's the easiest linux it's based on ubuntu after i installed it i found some problems the screen looks to be extended beyond my monitor so i cant see the menu of applications and stuff i thought when i install the graphics driver it gonna work but i cant install the driver although i downloaded it because some encoding packages are missing i dont know how to install the driver neither i can work with my screen and i dont know how to install the packages i'm sorry cause i talked too much but i'm trying to descripe my problem as much as i can

If your looking for a good intro Linux try Mandriva or OpenSuse. They are hands down much easier to use than Ubuntu..