Support Forums

Full Version: I hate Swedish.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK, I pretty much hate Swedish. I can speak it very well, but what does it matter? It's useless. It doesn't matter that if someone had written this post in Danish, I could understand it. If someone ahd written it in Norwegian, I could understand it. If someone had written it in Swedish, I could understand it. It's all POINTLESS.

I'm learning German now via Rosetta Stone, and it's so easy (I guess because I know Swedish), yet so much more useful. I'm mad at myself for learning a useless language, and am now ranting.

Thanks for reading.
How do you learn languages so fast? I've been learning Spanish in school for 3 years and I am STILL terrible with it. I can only form basic sentences T.T
(02-05-2010, 08:37 PM)Kharnage Wrote: [ -> ]How do you learn languages so fast? I've been learning Spanish in school for 3 years and I am STILL terrible with it. I can only form basic sentences T.T

It's quite easy.... I speak over 7 languages, including programming ones....

BTT...
I wouldn't say it useless, you stll can use it for translating texts, freelancers earn pretty good money translating stuff...
You just need to get the license for "legal" translating...
(02-05-2010, 09:29 PM)Master of The Universe Wrote: [ -> ]You just need to get the license for "legal" translating...
Actually, for legal translations I'd hope that the person knew the language pretty bloody well; you don't want any errors in translation there, especially considering the confusing language often used in legal speak.
(02-07-2010, 04:35 AM)MrD. Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, for legal translations I'd hope that the person knew the language pretty bloody well; you don't want any errors in translation there, especially considering the confusing language often used in legal speak.

That's a good point, Me for example, I could translate from Serbian to german and vice versa without any problems or mistakes....
But if I would do it for money, I would still have to catch up few expression rules....
I have removed the posts that were not English. Please, as DAMINK stated; refrain from using other languages.

Rule 14. English only and proper grammar required. Sorry but we will not allow posts in any language other than english and we expect good grammar.
(02-07-2010, 09:02 AM)Skill Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but we will not allow posts in any language other than english and we expect good grammar.
Then you'll learn to talk good, like what I do.

Props to anyone who gets that reference.
Quote:It's quite easy.... I speak over 7 languages, including programming ones....

I wouldn't count programming languages Tongue What are you going to do? Walk up to someone and say, "<body><p>Hello</p></body>"? lol.

Kharnage, I only speak English and Swedish. I speak Spanish moderately well, but I wouldn't say I know it. I got Rosetta Stone & ordered a headset (for pronunciation practice with RS), and have been hardcore studying German. I'm going to stick with it. It won't be as hard this time around, since I've been through the process before and know Swedish. Letters that'd normally be foreign to a native English speaker won't be, since Swedish has nearly, if not all, the same sounds as German. E.g., Swedish 'y' = German 'ü', 'ö' is the same, blahblah.
I can't speak no other languages but english. I really hate french though, its way to hard to learn for me.
(02-07-2010, 03:49 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't count programming languages Tongue What are you going to do? Walk up to someone and say, "<body><p>Hello</p></body>"? lol.
Trust me it happens, after 48 hours of coding.. it can happen.... Big Grin

German isn't hard to learn, and I saw you managed it pretty well... too bad I won't be around to help you out..
But if you like it, stay learning it... We will talk in german when I get back ;)
Pages: 1 2 3