Support Forums

Full Version: [Question] Wifi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,
I have internet by cable here at home (5mb) and I was thinking to put Wifi. THe problem is, if I put WIFI will the internet get slower? I have kinda of a big house so will it get slow in some places? If so, how slower?

Don't ask me to google it, if I'm asking here I have my reasons. o.o
Wifi is always slower than cable.
Correct me if I'm wrong
Thanks, but will it slow too much? like 50%?
Not very much..Probably only about 20% taken away at most.. Then again I dont know the most about this kind of stuff. It also depends on what kind of wireless router you buy.
Thanks a lot mate Smile
I have 4Mbs internet and than WiFi trough 2 walls + ceiling and it runs at 3.7Mbps.
Actually, I have wireless internet with Telus. If you live in Canada it is a great company to go with, 24/7 support (For when you aren't on here Tongue), It's fast (Mine's 54 mb/s), and not too expensive. It came with a free 2wire router and is great for when you have multiple computers spread throughout the house, Especially if there isn't a cable jack in the room. With wireless, YOU decide where the computer goes, not the electricians. Also great if you have an Xbox 360 or PS3, as you can connect to the internet wirelessly.
Usually the only way you'll notice a difference is if you move away from the signal source. I run my WiFi on many machines and I don't notice a drop unless I change my location. Also take into account network bandwidth as this will affect your speed as well.
It will not slow too much. The farther away you get and how many walls that are in the way are also big factors.
Thanks mates Big Grin Helped me a lot!
Pages: 1 2