Support Forums

Full Version: Buying a Headset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, long time no see. I'm in the market for a good headset. I'd like to be able to use it with my Xbox and pc. I am not opposed to a pair of headphones and a clip on mic, but I do not want to spend more than 100 bucks, although I have more if needed. If you have any suggestions/recommendations, I would love to hear them. Thanks! Tongue
Honestly, I doubt you'll find one for both the Xbox and a PC....
In any case, SkullCandy makes excellent headphones, and I believe they have a few headsets.
I think the post above is correct, I don't think you will find one that works with both xbox and pc. However, Microsoft make good mics for xbox and since they are the "creator" of the xbox. I choose them.
If you end up only getting one for the Xbox, don't buy a MadCatz one. Both my brother and I got them for Christmas, after our cat ripped the cords up, and they absolutely stunk. They have a terrible input, my friends were complaining that they couldn't here me when I got the new mic. Plus you can't here what comes out of the ear piece. It is an overall piece of crap. If you want to buy one quick and easy, I would recommend walking into a Game-Stop or a Wal-Mart, and buy a Microsoft mic. As for the 360/PC compatible mic, I haven't seen one on the market, so good luck finding one.
I have a Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 and it cost me $25. It's pretty good for that price, but I'm really not sure if it works with the Xbox 360. I know it works with PC and PS3 though.