Support Forums

Full Version: internet gone real stupid after formating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had to format my laptop again, and now its being stupid.

im on 10mb internet witch runs good for just the use of one laptop.

i recently formatted the laptop due to a few problems on it, but now i get slow downloads. like on speedtest.net i sometimes get like 3mb download with a stupid ping like 130, i dont no why its doing this and it annoying me.

Sometimes when i put my mouse over the wireless connection on my system tray it can varey from 54 Mbps - 10 Mbps? ive never had this problem before untill now can anyone tell me a few possible reasons why its doing this?

oh yea im using XP Pro Thumbsup
Look like this wtf? it should be touching 10MB [Image: 702467673.png]
It sounds like the actual computer is having trouble connecting to your router. Have you installed all the drivers you need? And also, try resetting or turning on then off your router.
Use discs that came with laptop to install drivers.
The 54mb thing is the speed of the actual conecction isn't it? Not your line speed?
Well are you sure you reformatted correctly?
Maybe your router has a problem..
Have you tried using a wired connection?

If that doesn't work, try updating your drivers.
(04-08-2010, 06:13 AM)Warlock Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using a wired connection?

If that doesn't work, try updating your drivers.

Who would want to have their wireless laptop run via LAN. Wouldn't it be easier to just get a desktop in that case?