Support Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] How to install Fedora in under 5 Minutes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I came accross this by an accidental Fluke. Whilst Wolskie and I were trying to fix my Laptop, he suggested that I download a certain tool. In doing so, I came accross a great, fabulous, fantastic tool! I installed Fedora 11 onto my laptop in 4 minutes Straight. It's fully functional and working perfectly.
This has not been tested for anything but Fedora 11, it's almost certain to work on any other Fedora version.

What you will need:
  • A USB Flash Drive - 2GB or 4GB, Depending on if you want the DVD or LiveCD
  • A ISO copy of your version of Fedora
  • The LiveUSB Creator
    ---Windows Version here.
    ---Linux Source here.
    ---Or simply by doing:
    Code:
    yum install liveusb-creator

(Replace YUM with your Package manager.)

This neat little tool will let you open a Fedora ISO File, and burn it to your USB, while creating a Boot Installer making it have the ability to boot. If you do not have a Fedora ISO, you can also select the "Download" option, which will automatically download the ISO for you, then burn it. It's a great tool and highly reccomended. I used it to install Fedora 11 onto my Laptop, and it's working perfectly. Due to the small size, it loads almost instantly, and installs in under 5 minutes. Here are some screenshots of the program:

Thanks for reading. Smile

---

The original post can be found here on dotrb.
Awesome little program. Works as fast as you said it does!
Even has Download resuming!
The only problem I found is that the ISO I downloaded through the program kept failing the checksum verification. I had to run the --noverify.
Didn't work. I will burn to disc and we'll see if it was the program or the ISO