Support Forums

Full Version: Ughhhhhhh... Laptop Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So a while back my grandmother gave me a laptop. It's fairly new, not old or anything, it's a Compaq Presario C700. It's got a biult in mic and webcam, SD card reader, everything. Even know the battery life is really bad. But now for some reason, it will ONLY let me install windows. I've been trying to boot Fedora from the live disc for hours now.. I keep getting a "Booting failed, Sleeping Forever". I'm starting to think it may be a hardware problem? Maybe my Harddrive's had it?

I'm not sure, but I could really use some help :S
Probably you downloaded the wrong achitecture of fedora.
Yep i agree with SkullTraill.
Check your iso. Perhaps download another.
A live disk you say? Well that loads into ram and does not require a harddrive to run if im not mistaken?
Must be your iso image me thinks anyhow.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid about architectures or anything, I know the difference with i386 and x64 etc. I know I downloaded the right one. Smile And I don't know what's happening with Linux, it MAY be because myHarddrive has been formatted wrong.. I'm going to completely delete and reformat it all now. I'll get back when I've done so Smile
But its a live disk man? It dont even write to the harddisk if im not mistaken?
You're right, you're not. But for some reason it used to work fine until I installed OS X onto my laptop. Which then screwed up my drives and wont let me boot anything now. You're right about not needing the harddisk at all, but I'm going to try it out to see if had something to do with installing Mac. Smile
Ohh..It may be a problem with hdd format then Smile