Support Forums

Full Version: Linux Mint?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am thinking about installing Linux Mint as it looks better lol, plus I'm having an bad habit getting virusĀ“. lol

I am designing in Photoshop alot, also doing Web Design.

I've heard that both Photoshop & Dreamweaver can be ran almost perfect through Wine?

How about dual booting when I need to play games.. can they be ran good through Wine too? I'm thinking on COD MW2
You can dual boot with Windows and Mint so you can play games smoother and easier.
Alright thanks for your reply Smile
Linux Mint is a good choice if you're new to linux. And yes I do believe that most of the Adobe Products work well through Wine. Unfortunatly, I don't think running games through Wine is the best way to go about gaming. They don't work as well as they would on Windows.
I think I'll dual boot with Win 7.
Tho I have never tried dualbooting. How do I switch between each OS?
There is an option when you boot up your computer.
In the boot menu? Or will it manually give me a choice to choose what OS?
On the boot Menu, it will ask you to choose what Operating System you want to boot.
Alright.
I'll try it! I'll reply back when I am on Mint
First off, Mint is the greatest distro to go with for a start imo. Secondly, I just tried using Photoshop through Wine and it doesn't work, so I highly suggest keeping a Windows partition. Stupid thing is, I have the Photoshop Splash screen in the middle of my desktop and I can't get rid of it.. lol
Pages: 1 2