Support Forums

Full Version: Worth running HJT?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My sister has a laptop, with Windows Vista. She doesn't use it for much other then facebook and school things. Lately with Internet Explorer, she's been getting a weird message saying it doesn't work or something, then tons of IE Windows come up. Is it worth running a HJT Log to see what the problem is? Or what should we do to fix it?
It sounds like its infected so yes i would certainly run some tools to clean it up.
HJT would be a good start. Then installing Firefox would be next Smile
I've told her countless times to install Firefox, she just thinks it's a waste. She never listens to me about anything computer related, so I'm thinking about not helping her at all anyway. Thanks for the quick reply.
Tell her to use chrome, she may like it more. I heard there was a big virus going around that fucks up your IE. Not sure how legitimate that claim is though...
This happened to my sisters laptop too, she was on facebook while using internet explorer and then it always crashes. I switched her to chrome and now it's better. I ran a scan with MSE, Malwarebytes and SAS, but I couldn't find anything wrong with it.
(01-23-2010, 08:34 AM)revolt Wrote: [ -> ]This happened to my sisters laptop too, she was on facebook while using internet explorer and then it always crashes. I switched her to chrome and now it's better. I ran a scan with MSE, Malwarebytes and SAS, but I couldn't find anything wrong with it.

That's the exact same problem with hers. Whenever she uses Facebook it dies.
(01-23-2010, 03:55 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]That's the exact same problem with hers. Whenever she uses Facebook it dies.

I found it odd too however I ran several scans and couldn't find anything. She's back in college right now so I can't really look further into this issue. I just searched around, try this on her computer and see if it fixes the problem.

Quote:1. In internet explorer, click on "Tools"
2. click on "Internet Options"
3. Go to "Advanced" tab
4. Click the "Reset" button (just above the "Ok", "Cancel", and "Apply" buttons)
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...436AAPc01u
I wonder if it has anything to do with all the crap they run on Facebook?
Do you get any problems with other sites?
And @Extacey yea we got a warning here about it saying to stop using IE Smile
I'd scan with HJT just to be sure about it. Post the log here if you like and I will have a look through it.
Alright, I'll try what Revolt said first, then I'll run a scan if it still happens.
Pages: 1 2