Support Forums

Full Version: [How-To] How to use Frisk 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You might of known that our (Wolskie and I)'s software group Pyrite Design has just finished off the next version of rPort. Codenamed: "Frisk". You can read more about it here. This thread will just be a little guide to how to use it properly.

Step One. Running the Program.
You should know if you download the program that you need to have Ruby installed to run it. If you haven't done if yet, read my thread on Installing Ruby on Mac, Windows and Linux.

To run the program on Any OS, you have to run it using the Ruby input. So say you're on Windows, and you want to run it. It's:
(You need to CD to the correct place where the Program is.)

Code:
ruby rport_cmdv2.rb
You'll notice that it will automatically scan localhost and only up to 100 ports, like this:

Step Two. Confiuring it.
If you've read the our Docs, you should know how to configure the program.
But if you don't, here's a quick summary:

HOST= That sets where you want to do it.
TIMEOUT= Obviously, the timeout before moving on to the next port.
START= The starting Port.
END= The ending Port.
STEALTH= Using either TRUE or FALSE you can

So let's try a code with that in it.
Code:
ruby rport_cmdv2.rb HOST=127.0.0.1 START=5 END=130 STEALTH=true

As you can see it's very easy to use. Just enter your options, and you're all good to go. Smile

If you need any other help feel free to ask in this thread.
-Jordan.
may i ask what Frisk 1.0 is please sounds interesting
Frisk 1.0 is a Port Scanner that a friend of mine and our software company made. You can read about it in this thread: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4439 Smile