Support Forums

Full Version: Apple Event Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you've just woken up from your iHibernation or whatever over the long weekend Apple officially announced that they were holding some sort of event on the 27th of January (I happen to be flying that day, poor me).
[Image: AppleTabletinvite_270x182.jpg]
This is just strengthening the blaze of article after article of journalists/bloggers taking 'educated guesses' about whatever Apple could be showing off at this event, I've seen a wide variety of sometimes contradictory speculations/rumors about whatever could be happening, but I'm curious to see what your views are (if any) on the event.

This is what I'm expecting, or...what I'd like to see:
iSlate - Me, like everyone else who cares, is expecting some sort of tablet or 'slate' computing device from Apple, I'm pretty sure it's their (somewhat late) approach to the whole ebook thing, but then again PMPs were around before the iPod and look where that is now, it would be a natural decision for Apple to add ereading capabilities seeing as they have this whole iTunes U thing set up, as well as a history for taking already-existing ideas and releasing a product based upon them and totally destroying the market with said product (again with the iPod thing), which definitely would sway the final decisions of anybody Apple contacts about a contact deal (Amazon books?).

iPhone OS 4.0 - I think it's about time for OS 4.0 to hit iTunes, the 3.0 upgrade is just starting to get old and its time for Apple to put some more work into the already great iPhone OS, things I'd like to see include:
- Multitasking.
- Use of the FM receiver in the iPod Touches/iPhones.
Uhm....that's about it to be honest.
There have been some reports of OS 4.0 being tested internally but that could just be another Apple rumor.

There are other things as well that I won't go in to, including
New iPhones.
New iPod Touches (camera).

but I'll see if anyone has anything to say first.
If iPod Touch's do come out with Camera's, that's what will push me over the edge to finally get one. I have a iPod Classic, but seeing the awesomness of iPod Touch's through all my friends, they do look pretty amazing.
What was released, was the "iPad", which to me looks like an over-sized iPod. Personally, I found it more appealing then other tablet computers, but it is not something I would buy or invest in, seeing as it runs on the same software as the iPod touch. I would have expected a new, more advanced software from apple.