Support Forums

Full Version: A warez forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to make a warez forum. I wonder if with the right techniques and strategy I can make it a success.

I would like to hear some good ideas on warez forums. What is the must do when you set up such forum? What can make it special and even better than any other warez website? I don't want it to be another forum which will fail, so before I proceed on with anything, I'd like to listen to suggestions from people who had warez forums before.

Optional: If you'd like you can provide a name for the forum.

Thank you.
I never had such type of Forum, but.....
If you ask me, the best way of starting one, is to do it when you have enough things to offer for download...
There are really way too many sites that offer many things for download, so you need to start off at their level if you want to make it successful..

Now there are many ways to do this, for example you can go around and gather links, but that will be kind of stealing the stolen...
Or you start a group of uploaders, who will upload things 24/7.... Good luck with that...

Most of warez sites are there for a long time and during their online time, they have many things to offer...
Like said, to be able to keep it from failling, you'll need the quality of those site....

IMHO, keep your fingers of such type of site, you will only spend too much money and gain nothing if you do it wrong...
And the chance of doing it right is very low....

edit: I think this, if allowed to talk about on here, is better put into Website Development section!
(01-19-2010, 02:39 PM)Master of The Universe Wrote: [ -> ]I never had such type of Forum, but.....
If you ask me, the best way of starting one, is to do it when you have enough things to offer for download...
There are really way too many sites that offer many things for download, so you need to start off at their level if you want to make it successful..

Now there are many ways to do this, for example you can go around and gather links, but that will be kind of stealing the stolen...
Or you start a group of uploaders, who will upload things 24/7.... Good luck with that...

Most of warez sites are there for a long time and during their online time, they have many things to offer...
Like said, to be able to keep it from failling, you'll need the quality of those site....

IMHO, keep your fingers of such type of site, you will only spend too much money and gain nothing if you do it wrong...
And the chance of doing it right is very low....

edit: I think this, if allowed to talk about on here, is better put into Website Development section!

Yeah, reported to be moved. I was confused by those 2 sections.

-------------------------------------

So you are telling me to keep away from such a forum? Hmm, I see. It indeed requires a lot of maintaining and I know lots of warez sites which closed down due to bankrupt.

It will be a bit hard to make an uploaders group since if the forum is newborn nobody will be really interested except if I pay them.

Hard decision to be taken here. I was planning this weeks now but I was thinking of the side effects too......
Well, You can pull it out in the right direction, yeah it can be hard...
But if you take your time and gather enough content for your users before launching the site, you'll than have something to start with...
More users will sign-up and more will probably want to upload things...

But as said, if you don't have nothing, it's not worth starting...
So imo, you should start when you have enough content....

For a start you can go around and gather links, but then you don't have any control of keeping the links alive...
I'm sorry, I never had experience with these types of site, but I really think starting with none to less content is going to lead you nowhere....
In my opinion, I wouldn't create a warez site. Why? Most warez sites are mostly likely scam you. But I would definitely recommend not letting random users to post downloads because the download could contain a virus. But it's not up to me whether you create a warez site or not. But I just want to warn you.
It would all come down to where its hosted if you were to start it. Most countries dont allow such things and you need to get listed in the search engines to get real traffic IMHO
Most warez sites have bots to check links and as for dirty links well yea that will always be a problem until you get established enough and have a good volume of members there to test and report back.
From the above replies, I came to the conclusion that a warez site would be a real headache. Thanks for the tips guys.
Good luck with this.
(02-17-2010, 06:36 AM)Notorious Mental Wrote: [ -> ]From the above replies, I came to the conclusion that a warez site would be a real headache. Thanks for the tips guys.

Sounds like you are not going ahead with it.
Still, I thought of a name: Where's Warez.
It is a play on the Where's Waldo quip!
warez is real headache and not worthy.
you would have feds and anti agencies on your forums.
Pages: 1 2