Support Forums

Full Version: Deadpan humor.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone else enjoy deadpan humor? Read here if you don't know what it is. I think it's so amazing. I died laughing just reading the examples on the Wiki article. They are:

A classic example of deadpan violence as humor occurs in one of the variations on Monty Python's skit "Cheese Shop". After a long and civil discussion, Mousebender tells the cheese merchant "I'm going to ask you that question ['Do you have any cheese?'] once more, and if you say 'no' I'm going to shoot you through the head. Now, do you have any cheese at all?" The merchant responds with a casual "no" and Mousebender shoots him through the head.

Another example is in the 1993 film Falling Down, in which the main character William Foster (played by Michael Douglas) is insulted by a man who has been waiting to use the phone booth previously occupied by Foster. He voices his irritation at Foster's prolonged use of the booth by saying "People have been waiting to use the phone." Foster responds to this by saying "Well, you know what?", and using a submachine gun to destroy the phone, added "I think it's out of order."

Hahahahahahha god. I love it.
Unfortunarely I do not see the humor in this Sad. But hey whatever makes you laugh man XD. Have fun with your wierd twisted sense of humor. Smile
i dont even seem to get it???.....anyware i guess it wasnt funny then
it seems a bit funny to me Smile can u give more examples ?
Ah, I can't find any video clips, but the movie Brazil is FULL of dark comedy and deadpan humor. Sooo amazing. For example, I recall one scene where a man, his mom, and his mom's 2 friends are eating at an elegant restaurant, and a bomb goes off and blows out half of the restaurant, and the butler comes over to their table all nonchalant and says, "Sorry about that. This doesn't usually happen." or something lolololololololol
lol I understand, I find this very very funny.
I love dark and dead-pan humour.
There is a lot of this in rob zombies movies, like "the devils rejects" and "house of a 1000 corpses."