Support Forums

Full Version: Words
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello all i'm new here
just wanna ask who can give me some bombastic words that i can use in my essay.
Define "Bombastic", and what's the essay about?
You want to fill your essay with ostentatious words with ambiguous meanings for no real reason?
Whats wrong with the stereotypically dilapidated essays youth are accustomed to writing?
http://www.wunderland.com/WTS/Alison/lex...index.html

Google is quite the amazing resource.
(01-16-2010, 06:36 PM)Black Rabbit Wrote: [ -> ]You want to fill your essay with ostentatious words with ambiguous meanings for no real reason?
Whats wrong with the stereotypically dilapidated essays youth are accustomed to writing?
LOL, that was quite acrimonious. I wish you'd be more introspective in his unconversant query.
I don't recommend that you use words whose meanings you don't really know. Really, essays sound a lot better if you just speak in your own idiolect and let the words flow together. It will be painfully obvious that you tried to make the essay sound more sophisticated than it really is if you use unrelated and outmoded words that you got from a thesaurus.
Hello;

I'd advise you to first write from what you already know, and throw a few lesser known words in your paper.

-LS
(01-17-2010, 09:32 AM)Lord_Scorch Wrote: [ -> ]Hello;

I'd advise you to first write from what you already know, and throw a few lesser known words in your paper.

-LS
Aye, I do this whenever I write a formal paper. It is the most efficient and please make sure you know the word you're using in detail before you use it!! That is where I obtain my vocabulary is by writing formal papers.