Support Forums

Full Version: Is this illegal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.

Is it illegal for someone to verify my Pay Pal, using a credit card which is not my own? Or however these people seem to do it.

Also, do I need to give them my login details, as I don't want to do this.

Thanks for your help guys!
One of you would have to log on. Most underage teens buy disposable visa cards.
[Image: paypal1c.jpg]

Can this be verifed using a credit card?
You can buy a prepaid Visa Card which will do fine to verify your PayPal account. Go to a local pharmacy and buy the $25 Visa prepaid car ($25 is as low as they go I believe). Add the card to your account. Call PayPal and tell them to verify(unlimit) your account.
(01-15-2010, 03:14 PM)Codine Wrote: [ -> ]Is it illegal for someone to verify my Pay Pal, using a credit card which is not my own?

It wouldn't be Illegal however you may be violating PayPal TOS. You wouldn't be liable for any criminal charges though. (unless you used that credit card fraudulently)
Doing stuff like that can be touch and go, especially with money.
I'm sure they could pull you up if they wanted. I would advise against it.
(01-16-2010, 03:08 AM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]Doing stuff like that can be touch and go, especially with money.
I'm sure they could pull you up if they wanted. I would advise against it.

Agreed
Photo ID and Proof of Address?! I never had to do any of that to verify my PayPal account, I just had to do the credit card confirmation. Is that an American thing, or has PayPal gotten more pedantic in the past 3 years?
(01-16-2010, 03:07 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]It wouldn't be Illegal however you may be violating PayPal TOS. You wouldn't be liable for any criminal charges though. (unless you used that credit card fraudulently)

You will probably get limited if they find out.
its not illegal in my opionion!! i dont even see how it could be?
Pages: 1 2