Support Forums

Full Version: Alt-Tab+fullscreen in ubuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have searched google and it seems to be an ongoing problem. The problem being that games steal all of the keyboard inputs and you can not Alt-tab.

my question is, is there any linux distro where alt+tabing works.
Dude, alt-tab switches applications in Ubuntu.....
Download a game like warzone 2100 or any other game that can go fullscreen and attempt to Alt-Tab. It will not work. There are even 20+ bug reports in the ubuntu reporter and a few forum topic on thier forums.
(01-10-2010, 02:17 PM)Whinis Wrote: [ -> ]Download a game like warzone 2100 or any other game that can go fullscreen and attempt to Alt-Tab. It will not work. There are even 20+ bug reports in the ubuntu reporter and a few forum topic on thier forums.
I don't fool with games so I wouldn't know. Good luck though. Blackhat
That seems like a bug in the game itself if it is stealing all keyboard input in full screen , however it seems like sane behavior.
Full screen? Because that never worked for me.
System > Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts
I searched around for days and found that its becuase the graphical server called xorg allows fullscreen programs to steal all key entries except 1 and that is alt+enter which takes the program out of fullscreen.
so key press would be

alt+enter
alt+tab
Works like that in windows also ;)