Support Forums

Full Version: dilemma: java or python
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so I have absolutely no coding experience but lately I got this idea that I want to learn Java so I can make games for mobiles, since nowadays every mobile runs java.. I started with some VDO tuts on youtube and it was going really well but I had to stop because I need to start preaparing for exams.. The other thing Im very interested in is Blender.. I want to do machinima and other stuff with Blender and its a well known fact that Blender and Python go hand by hand. So Im in a dilemma.. what should I do? Continue with Java or leave it and start with Python. Which do you think is easier to learn for somebody like me who is absolute beginner in coding?
IMO you should have started with Python, I never made to understand how java works.....
So I would say Python is easier to learn, but if you already started with Java and it's going well, I would suggest stying on the task.
In the coding world it's important not to break the work up if you're not atleast 75% done with it!

Java will give basic understanding of how Programming languages work and like with every other, once learned one language then others will not be a problem....

So again, stay with Java and then you'll Python even faster ;)
yes I think I will stay with Java .. for some reason I feel more attracted to it than to Python .. and I can't force myself to do anything that's not at least .. interesting
Finish Java and than do Python? Now was that so hard?
Well I was told I need like 2-3 years to finish java..
(01-07-2010, 04:28 AM)Asha Kaeed Wrote: [ -> ]Well I was told I need like 2-3 years to finish java..

MORE..... Like with every language, they get upgraded and function changed or removed, you will never stop learning a language, but after mastering the basics it's a easy way to walk from that point.
There are also functions that you'll never use, so you don't really need that much time to finish learning Java.
I would say after 5-6 months working with Java you can start playing with Python....
But don't forget that you still didn't learned Java completly, so don't just switch to Python....
(01-07-2010, 04:28 AM)Wielder of Wonder Wrote: [ -> ]Well I was told I need like 2-3 years to finish java..

For me, Java as my first language was like an uphill battle, really hard to understand if you learn it yourself.

I'd say look for some cheap classes at a local college, and you should be set.
It takes as long as you make it take to learn a language. If you are a dedicated programmer, you would read, read and read and read some more.
At that rate, it really wouldn't take too long. Sure, it would take a long time to completely "master" a programming language, but it doesn't take long to be fluent in one.
Pick up and drop programming languages at your leisure, you don't have to take advice every time. It's good to experiment with things on your own and develop your own opinion on it sometimes. The documentation on these languages are your friend, believe me.
Millions of things are programmed with Java, IMO it is too complicated. So I code in python which isn't as bad.
(02-13-2010, 03:11 PM)J4M13 Wrote: [ -> ]Millions of things are programmed with Java, IMO it is too complicated. So I code in python which isn't as bad.

It doesnt always just depend on the language.
Pages: 1 2