Support Forums

Full Version: My 4th Generation iPod Nano is dead. Support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I own a legit 4th Generation Blue iPod Nano. I bought it for the 2008 Christmas. So now that it's been a year, its warranty is over.

But middle of the year (2009) One day I let a friend borrow it for 1 day. Next day I got it back, still working well. As soon as I connect it to my home computer, it dies. As in screen goes black, whole thing is off, None of the buttons work, try connecting it to my computer over and over but nothing works. It's just dead. I spent a good $199 on THIS? Anyways, So yeah that's the story, I'm sure it's a virus the kid's only in 4-5th grade. So now the iPod just stays at home. Lights don't turn on, nothing will get it going.

All help would be appreciated. I've come to this forum for maybe a D-I-Y fix before I go and get it fixed at my local Apple store or whatever.

If you need more explanation of things just ask Thumbsup

Thank you all.
Well take it into a apple store schedule a one on one support think and show up. Who knows maybe they will give you a new one. They did for me but I only bought it 3 months ago so IDK wish you luck though Big Grin
Not a virus on the kids computer. A windows virus isn't written to be able to "kill" an ipod. It probably just shorted out...
(01-05-2010, 10:51 PM)Dingo_Dog Wrote: [ -> ]I own a legit 4th Generation Blue iPod Nano. I bought it for the 2008 Christmas. So now that it's been a year, its warranty is over.

But middle of the year (2009) One day I let a friend borrow it for 1 day. Next day I got it back, still working well. As soon as I connect it to my home computer, it dies. As in screen goes black, whole thing is off, None of the buttons work, try connecting it to my computer over and over but nothing works. It's just dead. I spent a good $199 on THIS? Anyways, So yeah that's the story, I'm sure it's a virus the kid's only in 4-5th grade. So now the iPod just stays at home. Lights don't turn on, nothing will get it going.

All help would be appreciated. I've come to this forum for maybe a D-I-Y fix before I go and get it fixed at my local Apple store or whatever.

Thank you all.
You payed $199 which is an overcharge of the regular $169 and most likely it did shorten out.
(01-05-2010, 10:51 PM)Dingo_Dog Wrote: [ -> ]I own a legit 4th Generation Blue iPod Nano. I bought it for the 2008 Christmas. So now that it's been a year, its warranty is over.

Thank you all.

You're sure its a virus? iPods [excluding the touch] don't even have a 'proper' OS, so I doubt they could get viruses.
Also just take it into an Apple store.
Yea for real just take it into a apple store they will cover you Big Grin make sure you ipod is backed up via computer or something.