Support Forums

Full Version: VLC Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I realize this post probably isn't very useful to most SF members as this media player is one of the most common around. However, this program is a must have in my opinion and is worth mentioning.

Quote:VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player and multimedia framework capable of reading most audio and video formats (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, DivX, MPEG-1, mp3, ogg, aac ...) as well as DVDs, Audio CDs VCDs, and various streaming protocols.

I use VLC, and love it. It plays damn near every codec from install and has alot of fun little video features you can do while watching. It is not very intrusive and easy to work with.
I prefer windows media player classic which is shipped with k-lite codec pack. However VLC is still better than most. I just noticed it made videos a little fuzzy compared to MPC.
(10-06-2009, 08:59 PM)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer windows media player classic which is shipped with k-lite codec pack. However VLC is still better than most. I just noticed it made videos a little fuzzy compared to MPC.

Hm. I don't know what you mean with 'fuzzy'; I've never experienced that. What do you mean, "MPC"? Then again, I've never really used WMP. I use iTunes for music and VLC for video.
I use it, it's awesome.
(10-06-2009, 09:05 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Hm. I don't know what you mean with 'fuzzy'; I've never experienced that. What do you mean, "MPC"? Then again, I've never really used WMP. I use iTunes for music and VLC for video.

MPC is Media Player Classic. And, well it's not like the lines are blury or anything the picture just isn't as clear as with MPC.

It's not really to noticeable but if you put it side by side VLC is pretty bad Tongue.
I must not have downloaded it right or something but I hate that crap lol

I can rewind or FF anything. Even if I click backwards/forwards in the video it doesn't play.
(10-06-2009, 11:12 PM)OG iFuck Wrote: [ -> ]I must not have downloaded it right or something but I hate that crap lol

I can rewind or FF anything. Even if I click backwards/forwards in the video it doesn't play.

Weird; I've never had that problem.
(10-06-2009, 11:27 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Weird; I've never had that problem.

I wonder what it could be =/

I'll have to try & download it in this computer sometime and see if the problem persists.
I use VLC from time to time but has anyone heard of GOM player? That's the one I use mostly.
Pages: 1 2