Support Forums

Full Version: Value of a site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I purchased www.freecomputerhelper.com , and don't have high hopes for it, but was wondering what you guys thought it might be worth.

Thanks in advance
Tacolord455
To be honest, the same price you payed for the Hosting and the Domain...
Mostly because the forum doesn't have any to less posts.....

Welcome to SF.
Thanks for your oppinion. And thanks for the welcome. More oppinions appreciated.

tacolord455
I've been dealing with domains for quite some time. If you're interested in selling it delete all content and try to sell it at face value. Not having anything on there is better off than having what you do on there.

You may get lucky and get $15...but I'm thinking reg fee at most. You have decent keywords but the domain itself is a little long.
Thank you. If I got the site up and running with more members, how much would you guesstimate the price going up?
There are WAY too many factors to give you an accurate estimate.

There are two main things besides the domain itself that will go into the value of the site. Amount of traffic and monthly income.

The source of the traffic is also quite important.

Depending on the mode of income you can roughly value your site at 8-12 times your monthly income (so about a years worth of income). But that also depends on how much work goes into getting that income, i.e. how much work you have to do to get traffic.

I'd say a year from now you're probably looking at about $30-$50.
(01-05-2010, 12:21 PM)Grizzly Wrote: [ -> ]There are WAY too many factors to give you an accurate estimate.

There are two main things besides the domain itself that will go into the value of the site. Amount of traffic and monthly income.

The source of the traffic is also quite important.

Depending on the mode of income you can roughly value your site at 8-12 times your monthly income (so about a years worth of income). But that also depends on how much work goes into getting that income, i.e. how much work you have to do to get traffic.

I'd say a year from now you're probably looking at about $30-$50.
Thank you very much for all of your information.
You're welcome. And that is just an estimate man, you could get more. If you put a lot of hard work into a site and start driving a lot of traffic you could start earning more money. However, just remember, you have to spend money to earn it.
FreeComputerHelp.com would be worth more but I would say your domain has some value. It's probably not past $100 though. To unlock a domains true value you have to actually develop it properly.