Support Forums

Full Version: Firefox problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok i have 1 system running Mandriva 2009.1 spring edition. (fully updated)
Now when i leave Firefox open for an extended period of time i notice it loads the system more and more until finally the system crashes.
I do run the browser alway with my forums who is online page refreshing every 5 seconds.
Anyone else noticed this ever?
I have tried different browsers and this solved the problem and therefor put it down to firefox.
The infamous Firefox memory leak problem. :S Try Google, Firefox Memory Leak Fix or something similar. It should help you out. Personally I have never used Mandriva but I think it does not matter. Smile

Otherwise maybe this will help as well. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11922
I thought it may have been a leak issue myself mate. Turns out after trying Epiphany and letting that run over night i had the same problem.

Back to the drawing board for this problem.
Maybe it's just the actual copy of firefox you have, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
Damn.. What trilobyte suggested did that work?
Updated to 2010 and updated all hardware Smile
So consider this problem solved.
Thanks for the help.
I never found out the actual problem.
If you have several tabs open and things like youtube etc. Sometimes firefox plays up.