Support Forums

Full Version: Python
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is Python ?? is it a scripting language .where does Python use, i mean for web-developing ..,is it better than C#,because i m studying C# and PHP,
So can any body plz tell me somthing about Python,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_%28p...anguage%29

Python can be used for both, Desktop and Web development. IMO it is better than C# and maybe even PHP....
It's syntax and structure is pretty easy and you'll learn to write in it fast.
Python is a general purpose programming language, it can be used for web development, GUI's, Network administration, pretty much anything you can think of. On top of all that there is no need for a compiler and the code executes remarkably fast. The syntax is very clear, so you can easily look at someone's program and know exactly what they are trying to do, and modify it to your liking. Looking at the link Master of The Universe posted will do you some good, here is a exert from it -

"Python has a large standard library, commonly cited as one of Python's greatest strengths, providing pre-written tools suited to many tasks. This is deliberate and has been described as a "batteries included" Python philosophy."

If you want to know more about the Python philosophy, download python(2.6) and open up the IDLE (IDE in other languages) and type "import this" without the ". Furthermore, Python is being used all over the world for important things. Much of Google's "Google Bot" code is written in python, in fact, Google actually hired the creator of python! It is being used to make large calculations in NASA. It is used by the popular video sharing website "YouTube". It is also used by the New York Stock Exchange, and the list goes on.