Support Forums

Full Version: Apple Tablet/islate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone think the apple tablet that is supposed to be revealed Jan 6 by apple is going to be nice?Its supposed to be named islate. I have seen reviews from blogs of what most people think It will be like.I imagine it as an iphone and netbook from the pictures... Any other opinions? This means you iintens...Victoire
* manipulate enters the thread.

I think it's going to be a great device, I know that Apple has been working on it for a while now (at least four years), we all know it's going to look nice; I mean...all of Apple's stuff looks nice, even the biggest MS-fanboys of all time have admitted that Apple's stuff looks nice.
As far as the software I'm not sure yet, there has been reports from various sources about the software but I don't really trust any of them yet, an unnamed Apple employee is saying "It's not what you'd expect" (or similar), I don't know if they're being serious when they say that or it's just the usual 'Apple hype', but I'm expecting one of two things.
1) Something based on iPhone OS, it would be great seeing as iPhone OS is great and all, and there's the App Store which provides a great, popular platform for application development already, and it would be a natural decision for Apple to include the App Store in SOME WAY if they went the modified iPhone OS route.
2) Something based on OS X, the iPhone OS may not completely suit the iSlate, seeing as the device is different and will be used for different things, the main difference is the screen size, and with the bigger overall device size we can expect some better hardware (more powerful CPU, better GFX card.etc), maybe something more 'complete' like OS X would be better suited, I'm not sure.

Overall, I'm expecting a great device, and it might or might not destroy the tablet industry (or part thereof) as the iPod did for the PMP industry, and the iPhone did for the smartphone industry (...well, there's always the blackberry, but nobody likes blackberries).
(01-04-2010, 04:12 AM)iintens Wrote: [ -> ]* iintens enters the thread.

I think it's going to be a great device, I know that Apple has been working on it for a while now (at least four years), we all know it's going to look nice; I mean...all of Apple's stuff looks nice, even the biggest MS-fanboys of all time have admitted that Apple's stuff looks nice.
As far as the software I'm not sure yet, there has been reports from various sources about the software but I don't really trust any of them yet, an unnamed Apple employee is saying "It's not what you'd expect" (or similar), I don't know if they're being serious when they say that or it's just the usual 'Apple hype', but I'm expecting one of two things.
1) Something based on iPhone OS, it would be great seeing as iPhone OS is great and all, and there's the App Store which provides a great, popular platform for application development already, and it would be a natural decision for Apple to include the App Store in SOME WAY if they went the modified iPhone OS route.
2) Something based on OS X, the iPhone OS may not completely suit the iSlate, seeing as the device is different and will be used for different things, the main difference is the screen size, and with the bigger overall device size we can expect some better hardware (more powerful CPU, better GFX card.etc), maybe something more 'complete' like OS X would be better suited, I'm not sure.

Overall, I'm expecting a great device, and it might or might not destroy the tablet industry (or part thereof) as the iPod did for the PMP industry, and the iPhone did for the smartphone industry (...well, there's always the blackberry, but nobody likes blackberries).

Lol I like Blackberries, but are you planning on getting it?
Well I know I won't be getting one any time soon, mainly because of the money thing, I don't have enough money to hit the sub-600 dollar price that everybody is expecting so I'll just leave it.
Lol im in the same hole.
I'll probably end up checking it out though.