Support Forums

Full Version: .me Domains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are they worth it? Like from developing to selling overall, are they worth the purchase because they are more expensive than most common ones like .com and .net but then again you can use the .me in a clever way.

What's your opinion?
Well, depending on the name I saw it's worth it. For example, Skype registered Skype.Me, so no one else could take it, but I reckon it's a great domain imo.
I would stay clear of .me domains. Unless you're a professional domainer that knows what he is doing imho stick with CNO.
Yeah, about the only real use they have is for a personal site or to pick up all extensions of your domain to prevent cyber squatters or people typing it in randomly and landing on their page and not yours.
Well, I have a short, three letter .me domain for personal use - it's memorable, and I prefer to share that with people than my more commonly used domain on the grounds that it's easier for them to write down/remember. However, they are incredibly pricey ($25/yr in some cases!), and unless you want one for personal use, or if you've found a really good one you can sell on, then I'd stay with the main TLDs.
.me domains are more for your personally use such as a portfolio or blog. You could buy famous names.me and try to sell them...