Support Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] Speeding up Mozilla Firefox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I would paste the contents of this tutorial in the thread, but there're too many images to post. So, I'm going to post the link here which leads to the indepth tutorial.

I've done this myself and have seen dramatic results. It is very awesome, although I've heard it only works for those of you who are using a broadband connection.

Enjoy.
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/speed-up-firef...owser.html
I already did this in the past and it makes it noticeably faster.
Thanks dude, I will so try this as I am really impatient for pages to load Smile. Do you know how this is suppose to work though? Like what does it to do make i faster?
(10-06-2009, 08:50 PM)InsideSin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks dude, I will so try this as I am really impatient for pages to load Smile. Do you know how this is suppose to work though? Like what does it to do make i faster?

I'm pretty sure the tutorial explains what each value stands for.
(10-06-2009, 09:01 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure the tutorial explains what each value stands for.

I only skimmed through it so I it didn't make sense at first but now that I read the whole thing yeah it does explain Tongue
(10-06-2009, 08:50 PM)InsideSin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks dude, I will so try this as I am really impatient for pages to load Smile. Do you know how this is suppose to work though? Like what does it to do make i faster?

You are setting your browser to send more requests to the server
network.http.pipelining.maxrequests shouldn't be set high since on some pages you will get an error and the page will not be loaded.
In that tutorial it's shown to set it to 8 so setting it to 16 would speed it up a bit more, but don't set to high
Just CTRL+ALT+DLT and set the priority higher? lol
This is a risky move, setting pipelining and other according variables to a higher value might get you banned via sites' firewall.
(10-07-2009, 05:30 AM)Etheryte Wrote: [ -> ]This is a risky move, setting pipelining and other according variables to a higher value might get you banned via sites' firewall.

I've never been banned and I've been using those tweaks for years...