Support Forums

Full Version: Know where I can get a XP home edition iso file [i have the product key ect.]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need to get a Windows XP Home Edition [for 32 bit] so I can burn it to disk and install it using my Product Key. I would like if it was a ISO file as I do have Linux on it atm so I will just uninstall Linux and put XP on there. Thanks!
Why are you getting rid of Linux, it is more stable / reliable / faster then XP will ever be.
Have you tried telling Microsoft that you have a product key? Maybe they'll give you a link.
I don't think I will actually, IDK I just want to have it handy. Unless something goes wrong. I love linux I have openSUSE and its great. But... I can't play any games for Microsoft on linux so :S, yea no doubt linux is beast.
(01-01-2010, 06:55 PM)WMM Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think I will actually, IDK I just want to have it handy. Unless something goes wrong. I love linux I have openSUSE and its great. But... I can't play any games for Microsoft on linux so :S, yea no doubt linux is beast.
I have the disk... I can give you the .iso via my ftp... with a different product key if you want.....
(01-01-2010, 06:39 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you getting rid of Linux, it is more stable / reliable / faster then XP will ever be.
Have you tried telling Microsoft that you have a product key? Maybe they'll give you a link.
Linux is not more stable or reliable to XP. If it was like that why did and still do companies use XP over Linux?
(01-01-2010, 10:08 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]Linux is not more stable or reliable to XP. If it was like that why did and still do companies use XP over Linux?
First off; most companies who do ANY serious networking successfully use UNIX. Second off: Windows is more common because people don't advertise Linux, but Microsoft/Windows advertise because they have money; now, if they both started off at the same time with the same amount of cash-flow; windows wouldn't have lasted a year.
(01-01-2010, 10:19 PM)Аноним Интерфейс Wrote: [ -> ]First off; most companies who do ANY serious networking successfully use UNIX. Second off: Windows is more common because people don't advertise Linux, but Microsoft/Windows advertise because they have money; now, if they both started off at the same time with the same amount of cash-flow; windows wouldn't have lasted a year.
What do you exactly mean with most companies? You mean webhosts or something like that because in the US all banks, public schools, and even the government used XP and are now enjoying Vista.

I am not talking about which one would win if they start out the same or which one is more used. I am talking about which one is better. XP is more reliable, supports more drivers and software, and is more stable and game friendly. Sure Linux is fun to play with and it has some nice features and tools but I have tried both for over a year (XP Pro and Ubuntu/Mint 7) and to be honest XP was more reliable and stable. Maybe Ubuntu had better way to organize things but I could always trust XP and not Linux which sometimes crashed or didn't do what I wanted.
(01-02-2010, 02:01 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]What do you exactly mean with most companies? You mean webhosts or something like that because in the US all banks, public schools, and even the government used XP and are now enjoying Vista.

I am not talking about which one would win if they start out the same or which one is more used. I am talking about which one is better. XP is more reliable, supports more drivers and software, and is more stable and game friendly. Sure Linux is fun to play with and it has some nice features and tools but I have tried both for over a year (XP Pro and Ubuntu/Mint 7) and to be honest XP was more reliable and stable. Maybe Ubuntu had better way to organize things but I could always trust XP and not Linux which sometimes crashed or didn't do what I wanted.
Well, it also depends on what you want to do. But in the area of webhosting, unix is the most widely used. If Linux had more users, it would be 10x better then Windows. Although, I've used windows for 25 years of my life, but I was never happy with. I guess it's just what you need.
Send me a pm once you make the files a ISO file.
(01-02-2010, 06:51 AM)Аноним Интерфейс Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it also depends on what you want to do. But in the area of webhosting, unix is the most widely used. If Linux had more users, it would be 10x better then Windows. Although, I've used windows for 25 years of my life, but I was never happy with. I guess it's just what you need.
Well that just your opinion but if you subtract the webhosting and just do Linux vs XP daily users there is just no competition. Linux has around 0.57% of OS market, they just passed Windows 95.
Pages: 1 2