Support Forums

Full Version: Intense gamer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everybody,

I would like to know if someone here have been into or is in intensive gaming, like that intense that you want or have been in international competition or somewhat.

And if you have been a gamer, what was your experience, is it cool?

I'm playing a new game called League of Legends, don't know if it has a potential to do tournaments but there is some at the moment but not official ones. I plan to play Counter Strike Source and enter a team when i will be 18 years old.... but i don't want my life go down xD I will have a job, as programmer or webmaster or video game maker....something in informatic....

P.S. I play alot to the computer Pirate
Thanks!
I wouldn't depend on any of those career paths, especially right when you turn 18.
I Will not directly do these jobs, i Will have to study alot i know, but why would you not depend on these careers path?
Because, unless you've been working on that stuff for years already, then more than likely you will not have the skills necessary to work in those careers. Most people have degrees as well.
When I was 13-14 I played international Age of Empires II tournaments hosted by Microsoft and some big Age of Empires online sites. I wasn't the best but ended up in the top 5 for maybe 2-4 months and won some smaller cash prices.
(01-01-2010, 11:54 PM)Grizzly Wrote: [ -> ]Because, unless you've been working on that stuff for years already, then more than likely you will not have the skills necessary to work in those careers. Most people have degrees as well.

Yea, for sure i will have to study hard, I will go in college specialized in this domain and do all the things needed ;)

(01-02-2010, 01:54 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]When I was 13-14 I played international Age of Empires II tournaments hosted by Microsoft and some big Age of Empires online sites. I wasn't the best but ended up in the top 5 for maybe 2-4 months and won some smaller cash prices.

Thank you for sharing me your experience,, hum, would say that if i do competitions, it will be more like CS: S or Cod4, a shooting game or strategy, as I said in ny first post, like League of Legends Smile
A friend of mine was a member of an German Clan, they were among the first people that played PS2 online in Germany, Socom. (and probably the only ones)

Anyways after he got 19, he found a Job and then he just couldn't find time to train with his team mates and wasn't really up to date.
I was a gamer my self, addicted to it as it was air. So I talked to him to introduce me to his clan but he pointed me to some serious things.

You can't really have a job if you're in a Clan that does International battles, well not even in one that does that locally.
You need to spend most of your time playing, training as your "enemies" don't stop training either.

IMO, it's something you need to think about, and if you do it you'll need to fully dedicate yourself to it!
Not worth starting at the age of 18, imho...
Hum, I see what you mean... I have to fully invest me if I want to become a gamer, its a hard decision, but I think that a job provides more then play a game imo... I Will think to that, thanks for your point of view Master of Universe!
NP, and there isn't really much more than simply Playing games, depends on which team and how "famous" you are you will have to do this and that, such as interviews and something..... but that's not really important...

I'm not sure about this one, but the Friend told me that also the money he was getting was really to say "NOT good" payed job.
They were getting serious money only when they won the whole Competition...

You can still join a clan with 18, but choose a right one then!
So you can go out and play more(earn more)
(01-02-2010, 05:47 AM)Liberty Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2010, 01:54 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]When I was 13-14 I played international Age of Empires II tournaments hosted by Microsoft and some big Age of Empires online sites. I wasn't the best but ended up in the top 5 for maybe 2-4 months and won some smaller cash prices.

Thank you for sharing me your experience,, hum, would say that if i do competitions, it will be more like CS: S or Cod4, a shooting game or strategy, as I said in ny first post, like League of Legends Smile
I know but I am just sharing my experience ;). I don't play Age of Empires anymore play COD too Yeye.
Pages: 1 2