Support Forums

Full Version: Could not Start Service? O.o
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: MySql.jpg]

Why? any help

Bebe-pleure
This may help:

To work around this problem, follow these steps:

1. Bring the SQL Server resource offline by using Cluster Administrator.
2. At a command prompt, run one of the following commands to disable the cluster checkpoint for the specific registry subkey:
* For an instance of SQL Server 2005, run the following command:
cluster res "SQL Server (Instancename)" /removecheck: "Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\MSSQLSERVER"
Note In this command, MSSQL.x is a placeholder for the instance ID for the instance of SQL Server. You can determine the corresponding value for the system from the value of the MSSQLSERVER registry entry in the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\Instance Names\SQL\
* For a default instance of SQL Server 2000, run the following command:
cluster res "SQL Server (Instancename)" /removecheck: "Software\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLSERVER"
* For a named instance of SQL Server 2000, run the following command:
cluster res "SQL Server (Instancename)" /removecheck: "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\InstanceName\MSSQLSERVER"
Note In this command, InstanceName is a placeholder for the name of the SQL Server 2000 instance.
3. Correct the protocol parameter for the clustered instance of SQL Server on all nodes.
4. At a command prompt, run one of the following commands to enable the cluster checkpoint for the specific registry subkey:
* For an instance of SQL Server 2005, run the following command:
cluster res "SQL Server (Instancename)" /addcheck: "Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\MSSQLSERVER"
* For a default instance of SQL Server 2000, run the following command:
cluster res "SQL Server (Instancename)" /addcheck: "Software\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLSERVER"
* For a named instance of SQL Server 2000, run the following command:
cluster res "SQL Server (Instancename)" /addcheck: "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\InstanceName\MSSQLSERVER"
5. Bring the SQL Server resource online.
Thanks for your reply but one question where can I get Cluster Administrator or is it just a standard program that I should already have? Thanks o.o"
I Have the same problem before! when i try to make a l2 server!

you could fix the problem :

Try to change some setting pm to my msn! i can help you!
1) In the Windows Firewall settings, you have to manually add port 3306 (standard port
for mysqlserver) to the exception list

2) Erase all the files in the MySQL/MySQL Server 5.0/Data folder

3) Re-run the setup program and choose to "repair" the installation

4) Re-run the MySQL Instance Config Wizard, using the usual configurations and marking
the "include in Windows PATH etc..."