Support Forums

Full Version: Thoughts on reg cleaners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i would never advise anyone to use a registry cleaner. Registry is a very dangerous place to be. If anyone would like to add more about registry they are welcome to. Enjoy the topic... Tongue
Yes the registry on your computer is a dangerous place to be if you don't know what your doing. BUT, you shouldn't be scared of it. Even if you don't know what your doing you can still go into the registry files. Remember, you can look but you can't touch unless you know what your really doing. Oui
ccleaner does a registery scan and cleans then, and think how many people use that program?

But i do remember one time lol funny this, a lad i no had just got a brand new laptop and i installed a few things so he could keep his computer running smooth and i ran ccleaner and the reg scanner changed the whole font on the laptop lol every singe thing went to some arabic crazy language or somthing lol, now when i use ccleaner i untick "Fonts" hehe
What are your thoughts on programs that should speed up the PC in general. The way I always saw it is that if they say they clean up the RAM, but take up RAM themselves how can they clean it up? Regcleaners like ccleaner will not cause that much harm except the example above. Big Grin Tongue that is why you should backup always, Tongue
Anything that loads at boot will take resources. This is obvious.
So you need to keep control of startup programs.
CC cleaner in my opinion is a bit full on for average users.
Dumping all temp files and cookies is simply stupid.
Sure some cookies need to be removed as do some temp files but if you have a slow net speed then you need cached files or everything will be slow.
I will say it again. Tune Up Utilities does work really well cleaning up your reg and i agree reg is nothing to be afraid of.
No more than C:/windows/system32/ anyways.
I guess using a Reg Cleaner would be fine; depending on what it cleans out.
And I agree with Damink, CCleaner is my prefferal program to clean up my computers.